Monday, April 29, 2013

The Weekly News 4/29

Hi all! Ruthie here! We have left on our trip! Actually its been almost 1 week! So we have done a bunch of things! This past week we crossed Maple River. (See Map)

 
Now you may be asking yourself, "Why would it take a WEEK to cross a river? Don't they have a bridge? And Is that the biggest thing that happened this week?"
Now I will take one question at a time. :)
 

Day 1

 
First off, we USED to have a bridge.
We have bridges all over the place. But for some reason just before we got to the River Crossing a Big Storm came And there was flooding and it washed the bridge clean out. Not a trace of it anywhere! GONE!! Poof! So there we were with no way to get across the river. So we were standing there staring at the spot the bridge was SUPPOSE to be when I suggested, "Why don't we just go back up the road and try another bridge?"
But Josie wouldn't even think about it!
"We are going across the river like we said we would do! So No going back!"
So we made camp there that night. The next day Josie was busy doing SOMETHING at camp (I don't know what) so I snuck off. What was I looking for?
A crossing.
Now don't look at me strange. The floods in AGS come and go at the snap of a finger. One day it can be overflowing its banks (And washing out bridges) and three days later be back to normal.
So I was looking for a shallow spot in the river.
Two miles down stream I found what I was looking for.
 A old path through the river. A old farm trail was on both sides and I was SURE the car wouldn't get flooded. Now to convince Josie........
That was another problem, She was Soooo busy working on What Ever she works on. That she wouldn't pay attention to me.
 
 
 By then it was dark and I couldn't ask her.
 
Day 2
 
The next day It took me FOREVER to get her to listen to me. Finely she did and by then it was almost dark so she decided to wait till morning.
 
(Us Sleeping)
 
 
Day 3
 
She dawdled around the camp till after she had gotten us lunch then she finely came with me. When we got there she didn't think it would work, but I finely convinced her to try.
 
Day 4
 
So we started off. We drove slowly down the old farm road. And when I say slowly I mean REALLY   S....L....O....W....L....Y. Yeah. so although it was only a 1 and a half mile drive it took us till noon to get to the crossing. Then true to my dread...... Josie drove REALLY S....L....O....W....L....Y though the water and got Stuck.
 
 
:( So there we where in the water. Not Good. Did we push it out? No. We had to wait till the next day before we got to push it out.
 
Day 5
 
We FINELY pushed the car out which took about 2 hours.
 
 
Then Josie rested for another 2 hours then we finely drove 4 more hours and set up camp.
 
Day 6
 
We drove all day.........
 
Day 7
 
 
We are finely in Spring Valley. An old deserted Indian village. More on that next week.....
 
~Ruthie~
 
Note from Josie: I AM NOT AS SLOW AS RUTHIE SAYS I AM. SHE IS JUST INPATIENT.
~Josie~

 

 

2 comments:

  1. It would be really cool if you did this in photostory form:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion. I just might do that. This one would have been harder to do tho...... :)

      Delete