Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ask Abbie 4/2

Hello wants again! Its Abbie here with Ask Abbie!! This weeks question comes from Libby. Here is her question.

Dear Abbie,
I'm afraid to show my sister and my doll collection to my friends because I'm scared they'll make fun of me. What should I do?
Libby


Well Libby, It sounds like you have a problem. i have never feared showing my dolls to anyone but I have dealt with peer pressure. You know, that little voice in your head that says " I wonder what they will say if they find out?'' yep I know all about it. I have found several things to be true. First, your life isn't about pleasing everyone you meet. its about being true to your self and to God. Second, if your friends can't respect what you like they must not be very good friends. I have found there to be 3 basic kinds of friends ( there may be more but these are the ones I will talk about.)

1. "Best Friends"
These are the girls that you can tell anything in the world and they will try to understand. if you have a fight, They will try to make it better. You can trust these girls and know that they will keep your secrets. And even if they don't like something you do or have (sch as your dolls) they will respect what you do and not make fun of it.

2. "Two-Faced Friends"
The title says it all. These are the girls that don't respect privacy and is contently saying things behind other backs. Do NOT tell her your secrets (and don't show her your dolls either), She WILL tell others! She will probably laugh at your stuff as well. This type of girls should be avoided if possible.
 
3. "Potential Friends"
Theses are the girls who you haven't spent much time with and you don't know much about them. But don't just take what others say about her. Find out for yourself. You may not want to tell her your secrets right away but as you spend more time with her you can place her in one of the other 2 categories. "Best Friends" or "Two-Faced Friends"

So Libby, it really depends on what type of friends you have if you want to show them your dolls or not. If you can trust them with your secrets then show them your dolls. If they aren't intersected then don't force it on them, but if they like them then it is just one more thing you have in common. :) If you can't trust them with your secrets don't show them. I hope this helps. :)
~Abbie~ 


1 comment: